|<- Click to go back to winter recipes||
Stuffed Peppers with Farro (vegan) and optional organic Turkey
Ingredients:cloves crushed chopped fresh garlic
1 vidalia or sweet onion
1 stalk celery
1/2 can pureed organic tomatoes (Muir Glen if possible) or use whatever tomatoes you like, fresh chopped is good too
Shitake and regular mushrooms stemmed and sliced up
Red and yellow pepper chopped
Tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
1 cup farro-cook in separate pan or rice cooker...in pan add 1 cup farro to 2 cups water or veggie broth till absorbed
1 pound lean ground turkey-free range antibiotic free (optional)
4 yellow, orange, red peppers
Directions:Preheat oven to 350.
1. Line up peppers, cut off tops. Set up for stuffing in baking dish brushed with ev olive oil.
2. Into a large saute pan add extra virgin o.o. and a couple of sprigs fresh thyme-take out sprigs after awhile, or simply pull thyme off sprigs and add to evoo.
3. Add garlic, onion, celery, mushrooms, chopped bell pepper , salt and pepper. Saute about 3-5 minutes then add ground turkey or just farro or both.
4. Stir in organic pureed tomatoes. Simmer approx 20 minutes. Stuff mixture into peppers.
5. Cook about 15 minutes till turkey is done. Add chopped fresh basil and parsley. Stuff mixture into peppers and roast in oven at 350 approx 10 minutes with a little evoo and broth on bottom of pan. Serve.